Sign Up for this Masterclass to find out all you need to know to take you and your open water swimming to the next level.
What you will learn
Hypothermia – A serious condition, which if not managed correctly can be life threatening. We look at the signs and the symptoms, and how to cope if you find yourself in trouble.
Cold Water Shock – What causes it, the symptoms and how you can prepare to avoid it and what to do if you find yourself caught out.
The nitty gritty
Kit – What to pack and what to leave at home. Your brave cozzie, wetsuits, your sense of humour and the essential tool bag for long term enjoyment of open water swimming. We will cover it all.
The Ins and the Outs – Not all locations can be safe for open water swimming. Tides vary from spot to spot. We chat about the ideal situation, times and sites to avoid and the dangers of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
What’s going on upstairs – We will discuss management of your brain’s expectations around the open water experience and the process of acceptance and change.
Who’s it for?
- Beginners or experienced open water swimmers of all ages.
- Anyone looking for something slightly alternative or to supplement your usual exercise regime.
- Anyone who would like to explore the holistic benefits of open water swimming- Perhaps you suffer with unresolved physical ailments and have tried other treatments or therapies.
- Anyone who is looking for a challenge and wishes to explore the edges of their mental and physical capabilities.
- Someone who wants to improve and maintain their physical and mental wellbeing.
- Anyone who wants a new hobby and to meet new people.
- Curious about the open water and want to know what all the hype is about?
“Learn how to enjoy the water all year round in a safe and fun way”.
By the end you will:
- Understand how to swim safely, proficiently and enjoyably in water temperatures below 15 degrees celsius.
- Have increased knowledge of tides and times, where and when not to swim.
- Be well prepared for all conditions and circumstances relating to Hypothermia & Cold Water Shock.
- Know what kit works and what to leave at home
Want to take your open water swimming experience further? Why not be “The Mad One” that your friends all talk about. Sign up here to this Masterclass. One word of warning though. Be prepared for it to change your life!
Open Water swimming can be one of the most challenging things you can put your body through yet is also one of the most wonderful and often most transformational experiences.
“It’s far more than just swimming. It heals and motivates. It cures and it impowers. It strengthens resolve and it changes lives.”
Benefits and rewards for the body and mind
- Boost your immune system whilst activating those endorphins for a purely natural high.
- Become more adapted to the cold with improved circulation and smash those stress levels becoming calmer and more relaxed.
- Send anxiety packing, become more confident and increase your self-esteem.
- For those looking for physical health benefits the cold water destroys calories for fun and with very little effort on your part.
- Oh and if you want to make new friends this is the sport to do it with. Open water swimming is the UKs largest mass participation sport so share that next swim, dip or paddle with a world of like minded individuals who will join you in the fun.
“You will find out things about yourself you never knew existed and love this new life changing hobby that will stay with you forever.”
Mat’s easy-going and relaxed way rubs of on the Group, making it fun and enjoyable.”
“Mat makes learning fun and easy. I got loads from the session and can’t wait to try out my new skills”
Southchurch Beach, Southend
Numbers are limited & current Government guidelines will be observed.